PCHA is involved in the Macy’s Shop for a Cause Charity Challenge, a friendly fundraising competition raising money for causes like ours. We’ve got just over a few hours to go before our campaign ends. As of this morning we are sitting in 11th place sitting at $13,300 raised. When you add in the generous $3,000 from one of our Medical Advisory Board members as a Challenge Grant and the additional $2,000 from Macy’s we won during Bonus Challenge #1 that brings us to $18,300!! That’s amazing work and brings us almost to our goal of raising $25,000.
We are moving Mountains:
- Hosting 2 national conferences in 2017 about patient empowerment through public reporting of hospital outcome information.
- Received national coverage of our efforts on this issue in U.S. News and World report
- Co-hosted a congenital heart legislative conference discussing public health policy, research and data for congenital heart disease.
- Presently have a congenital heart disease research law working it’s way through Congress
- In the first 6 months of 2017, we distributed more than 3000 Conquering CHD care packages providing essential resources and support directly to patients and their families
- Shared more than 5000 copies of our Guided Questions Tool to help patients and family have important conversations with their doctors.
- Reach between 50,000-200,000 people each week on social media with our education, support, research and awareness messaging.
- $5 Provides a family with an educational resource card
- $50 Allows us to provide a Conquering CHD care package of educational materials and Comfort items to a family whose child is in the hospital
- $100 Helps us reach 20,000 people through social media
- $250 Helps support an educational hospital site visit.
- $500 Sponsors a parent or patient to attend our Legislative Conference in Washington D.C., and advocate for all those impacted by CHD by educating our members of Congress about congenital heart disease on Capital Hill.