Advocacy is fun. Advocacy is easy. Advocacy is important!!!!
I am so excited to be starting a blog!!! Anyone who knows me will tell you that I love advocacy, and I love to talk. What better way to put this together than a blog! (I also love exclamation marks – sorry, grammar folks.) As Public Policy Manager at the Adult Congenital Heart Association, I get to see the benefits of successful advocacy on a daily basis. It is my dream to get more people involved in advocacy and I am hopeful that a blog is one way to do that.
Although the official start date will be January 7th, I have been working obsessively to lay the groundwork. But, a blog is only as strong as it’s readers. I need your help to make this blog yours, too.
Who should read this blog?
- Everyone, of course!
- Anyone interested in being an advocate of any kind. The stories, tools and suggestions you will find here can fit any sort of advocacy, really.
- But mostly, anyone impacted by congenital heart defects. There are millions of us out there. Imagine the difference we could make!!!
Why should you read this blog?
- Anyone can be an advocate and make a world of difference. I am living proof!!
- There is a lot to be done. Through this blog, we can laugh together, learn together, and work together to make a difference!
- I eat sleep and breath CHD advocacy. I have learned a few things along the way that I would like to share with you!
A few things you can expect:
- Advocacy Tools
- Action Alerts
- Shout Outs
- Guest Bloggers (Can’t go it alone!)
A couple of topics in the works:
- Advocacy 101: Tips to get you started
- CHD Priorities: What are we fighting for?
Thanks to efforts of advocates, like you, we have made a lot of progress in both State and Federal advocacy. Join us to learn how you can make a difference!!