Email your legislators:
FUNDING CDC DATA COLLECTION
Email your lawmakers and ask them to provide $7M to fund CDC surveillance efforts.
- Visit your lawmaker’s website where you will find a contact us form. You can find their website at www.house.gov or www.senate.gov
- Using the suggested talking points and your own personal information, edit the letter below and paste it into the online form.
- Let us know you took action and complete the I did it! form on our website.
Suggested Talking Points:
- CDC funding has already been authorized to help better understand the congenital heart disease population
- Currently, $2.9M has been appropriated, and CDC is funding 3 pilot adolescent and adult surveillance projects.
- Additional funding is needed to continue and expand these efforts across the life span, including pediatric populations.
Dear Senator/Congressman [Fill in name here],
I am writing to ask you to include $7M in funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to adequately support congenital heart defect surveillance across the lifespan, in your FY2015 request.
[Using 4-6 sentences, tell your story here and why research is important to you.]
As the most common birth defect, resulting in costly life-long care, congenital heart disease remains a serious public health burden and must be made a priority.
If you would like any additional information or sample report language, please contact email@example.com.
[Your Name, Your city/state]